If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Ok a quick Post, as I have to go and pick the Youngest up in 30 minutes.........yeah right this will take me an hour!!


So Whats on my work desk.................My stash of scraps, you know those bits of paper and card that will always come in handy.........yep thats right that huge pile that normally sits in a couple of boxes, that one!
I decided that I really needed to get to grips with it, and instead of just adding to it, actually USE them!!! Still figuring out what to use them on, but I did also find some of last years Christmas cards that we recieved, you know the, sorry going to swear here, Shop Bought Cards, I appologise, harsh words for innocent ears!
so heres what I made with 3 of the toppers I rescued from them.


A wall decoration! I really am not the worlds best photographer!! I need a tripod, a light thingie all of it!!




So On my work desk is the next project, same again this time with Gold images, my mica powders and paints, my oh so creative and decorative storage solutions (video cases, Yogurt Pots and Butter tubs), and most important of all, The Coffee cup!!
It may not look organised, but it is. Organised Chaos!!
Wish I was Linda, who has it all nice and tidy!! If you have no idea what I'm going on about, then pop over to Julies page, for a list of craft rooms you can nosey in.
Sheer heaven!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love the 6 x 6 inch workspace you have. LOL Rather like myself.

Carol C

Jo said...

Ha,ha,now i remember how i got here - you left a comment on my post WOYWW and i'm pleased to say you're desk reminds me of mine lol! Think i might tidy my desk before next wednesday's pic - or would that be cheating? My daughter's now got her own blog and would love a visit from you-maybe you could follow her?
Jo x

Jo said...

Gorgeous wall decoration, by the way, that's a fab idea for Christmas!
Jo x (again)

famfa said...

Thanks for your comments. I sat next to my hubby and he's used to me. My crochet hook was metal but customs don't mind, I've taken it through before, they say it doesn't even show up on the scanner.

Very productive desk, who needs tidy, everything is there where you can see it (just) - as long as you can see the coffee cup, he he.

Becky said...

I love the wall decoration! What a great idea. I know what you mean about having little space to work, feel like that's how mine looks right now!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

hi Lou, that's a great idea to upcycle Christmas cards. thanks for visiting me!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am glad I am not the only one to raid the previous year's "boughten" cards. I have a bag full of bits I have liberated for future use, either straight as they are, or to scan and manipulate the images. I do like that little wall hanging.

Jennibellie said...

What a lovely wall hanging, fabulous idea! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting, so very appreicated, much love Jennibellie :) x

Made by Mandy said...

That's a great idea for reusing old chrissie cards. I get family and friends to keep theirs for me so I can recycle bits and pieces from them too.

Good girl using your scraps !!

Love Mandy xxx

SueH said...

Well that looks like a very busy desk Lou and I sympathize with the big pile of scraps because it wasn’t that long ago I had one of my own.
Now what I try to do is decorate a card blank straight away with the little left over bits rather than shove them in a box never to see the light of day again. The larger bits I tend to put back with the rest of the collection, if it’s from a collection that is and it seems to work for me. I use up my scraps and always have a half made card for when I need one in a hurry.

By the way, I love the wall hanging. What a great idea.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

l00pyscraftcreations said...

Many thanks ladies and gents for your kind words, I really appreciate it, xx

sarahp said...

good luck with the tidying up! how do find the dies i struggle with the embossing?You asked about my siamese saddly she miscarried her litter and is now neutered.. she is doing well thanks for asking .

Jingle said...

Your decoration is so pretty!