If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Oh I seem to be Blogging alot!!

Oh dear yet another post from me..........
I do seem to be busy dont i?


well this one is for a challenge, at Creations By Gill M, with a Christmas theme, and the colours Blue and Lilac.






This was a Challenge and a half, Gill did supply a design which I have tried to stick to, and you can find the details Here .




So, Lilac, and Blue, and Christmas.....hmmn, so route out the Lilac Card Stock, route through my huge K&Co paper collection, courtesy of Steph at My Craft Studio, at the Doncaster Summer Crafting Workshop earlier this year, then into MCS Pro Program and as I have spotted the design earlier, and used it,  NSR Snowflakes and Sparkles, adjusted to a Lilac shade to match the card stock, but the design itself has turned blue, which is one of the advantages to using the MCS program. While I was playing in MCS I also printed Happy New Year in the Goudy Stout font onto acetate on my Laser printer, and then Foiled the wording in Pale Blue with my Foil-it Machine, available here a worthwhile addition to any craft room, and very addictive!!


Next up was the creation of a christmas thing...............hmmn Parchment, and this is parchment not vellum, I used one of the designs that I picked up from the NEC in November, Friskars Themed winter Stencil, which I them embossed, and coloured on the back with my Promarkers, and perforated the edges for the finishing touch.


so now to put it all together, so Lilac cardstock trimmed to fit the piece of patterned paper, as my printer messed up and didnt print in landscape like it was supposed to, A piece of Snowflake peel off, from my stash, covered with a circle of Plain White Cardstock, edged with Ultra fine Glitter, cut by my Sizzix die, then mount the patterned K&Co paper, which was cut using the Spellbinders Tear drop Circles die. Mount my poor Little Snowman with some Pinflair on the white bits so the glue doesnt show,
The Acetate was mounted at the Back of the first layer, on a strip of Acetate to give loads of movement and dimension.


And Finally added loads of Clear Gems, which I coloured blue with theIndigo Blue Promarker, and a quick ruled line of silver Decoroller to frame the base layer, and hey presto done!


I am entering this in the last CBGM Challenge.

5 comments:

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thanks for your visit earlier. That card of yours is such a joyous explosion of celebration, just like the New Year fireworks. Have a good 2012. Maggie

Elizabeth said...

Hello Loo, thanks for your visit and comment. I hope you have caught up with your much needed sleep by now and are raring to go. Your card is brilliant - thanks for the side view as it makes it clear exactly what you've done with the acetate. All the best for 2012. Elizabeth x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card, love the papers and the dimensional effect.
Lindsay xx

Gill McCall said...

Lou what a lovely card you have created for my blue and lilac challenge. Thank you. I am launching new monthly 2012 challenges starting from tomorrow so hope to see you return again.

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card as ever Lou :)

Hugs
Linda xxx