If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Where the Unicorns Roam

Here's another Jem's Designs, this ones from the New CD Where the Unicorns Roam.
This was really hard to photograph, and looks better in real life, as I have used an acetate overlay, and looks a bit wishy washy no matter what I do !
This is The Keeper.
A beautiful Unicorn standing in a pool of water, with a waterfall behind.
I took this into MCS to play with it a bit more, and decoupaged the Unicorn standing in the pool, and added some glitter. next i mounted the base image onto some mirri, and added so Platinum Mica as a paint, over the waterfall, and splashed in the pool. I used a versa mark pen on the moon, and embossed it with clear powder a couple of times, then liberally sprinkled Mica onto the moon, and heated it to make it sink into the embossing. This has given it a Crater look to the surface of the moon, and I am very pleased with how it turned out. Don't forget I am still working with the supersmooth, and laser printer, not photographic, so I can be a bit more adventurous than I would be with a high Gloss Photo card/paper.
The image I had cut for decoupage was still on my work area in MCS and I stretched it sideways to allow for the wrap, on acetate, but I did Import one of the Wordart Pictures from the CD into MCS, and applied it over the top of the Unicorn. And printed it out on Heat proof acetate in the laser printer, its actually meant for foiling with, but hey ho!
Next I needed a paper for the base, and decided to use a paper from an MCS Platinum Club download, sorry its not available unless you are a member of the Platinum Club, not the ordinary MCS Club. But the colour wasn't quite right, so I adjusted the Mermaid paper colour until I was Happy that it was a good match, and added Text in Olde English Script Font, but changed the colours to Grey and light Grey for contrast, Oh and I embossed them in MCS, which is why they are so distinctively different, the 2 colours.
I created a pop up easel, and I want to work on a variation of that today, so that it pulls from the front instead of the back, and assembled the card.
I do like this one as well, and guess that for what I did to it, Photo card wouldn't have been suitable.

Enjoy your craftiness guys, xx

Hugs,

Lou

4 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

STUNNING Lou! I don't know what else to say!!

Hugs
Linda xxx

Sheen said...

Just beautiful, Lou, as always!
Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

Chris said...

Just Perfect. Chris xx

bluecurlygirl said...

Beautiful card. Well done. Happy crafting, Emer xxx