If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Friday, February 10, 2012

Blog post part 5...boy am I getting bored now!!!

Okay just one more after this then I am up to date!!


This is again on a 5x5" base card, sorry I have some I'm trying to use up. The backing paper is from the A6 pad of Midnight fairy-tale Papers, and I stamped the biggest castle onto it. I think Flitter seems to work best on a coated paper or card stock, but I did lave to leave it to cure for longer than on uncoated, as in the previous post. And in the set of stamps are 3 Minuscule faeries, so I stamped them on one side, then changed the order and stamped again on the other. Then off to wash the stamps!

The flitter glue isnt like Versa Mark! Or PVA, it reminds me of something we used to use at school by smell, and the fact that it doesnt like to come off stuff, think it was something we used to use in Art class or something like that, as I cant see them letting me loose with glue at any other time!

The scrubbing pad you get with gilding flakes although reasonably rough, doesnt mark the coated picture underneath, and I took the picture at a different angle so you can see the effect I wanted to achieve, quite ethereal, and not there, as the image in the background shows through the stamp.
I trimmed the base paper down slightly to fit on the card, and ran some navy blue ribbon underneath and around the back.



xx

Lou

2 comments:

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely stunning, love it
Lindsay xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Gorgeous card! Love the image and shimmery colour.
Diane