If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Easter Card

Well my camera has given up the ghost and died on me, as eldest son has not bought the charger home for 3 weeks, so now the cards are going to pile up on me again....... Okay Okay, I know I havent blogged for a few days and they were starting to pile up anyway, but I can still blame him cant I?

oooh, look at Blogger being fancy!!
This is from the CD I won from Debbees CDs Blog for my January entry to her competition. Its really easy to enter, as Debbee provides you with all the papers, and you just make a card from it, easy peasy, so pop over and have a go, you never know, you could be lucky and win one of her lovely CD's.
So I took the 26 Crosses CD, which is such a wonderful resource, for all occasions, but particularly those sympathy ones, and found a couple of Easter ones. This one I think is particularly lovely, greens and silvery white. I did one last week in a similar style from one of Debbees CD's and I like the effect it creates, and I have enough left to do a Waterfall card with as well. The backing paper is already Kaleidoscoped for you, you dont have to do anything other than click and print with these, and it was just a case of matting and layering the images onto some white card, which I edged with my new Fresh Meadow Promarker. I coloured some white organza ribbon with the same pen, and then crossed it in the bottom Left corner of the card.
I used the same pen to colour some supersmooth paper, before putting it into my Craft Robo, and cutting the fern leaves from it. I added a touch of Bundled Sage distress ink with a stippling brush for a bit of definition.
I made an Organza rose, Sue Wilson style, from a creamy white stripped satin/organza ribbon, and I like the whole composition.
One for church I think, and its not that far away either, Shrove Tuesday is next week, so only 42 days until the kids across the land are either off their heads on sugar rush, or throwing up from eating too much chocolate, Thank goodness I only have 2 left at home now-a-days!!!
But I think that means that I will have to get a shift on with making some cards for church..............

Til next time,

Oh and dont forget there's a Blog hop over at Addicted to Stamps, with loads of goodies up for grabs, xxx

Lou

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi lou,

I love your card, I like how you've done the toppers, and the colours......xx

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Lou, this is absolutely amazing! Love the colours and the layout too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Hettie said...

Lovely cards Lou! Very appropriate for the up and coming event!

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

Gorgeous card hun, i love it..
Dont miss my birthday giveaway starting 2/3/12
hugz hun
Kenz xx

Angela Toucan said...

pretty

Sheen said...

Great card, again, Lou. Lovely colours.
Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x