If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Friday, February 10, 2012

Got loads to blog..part 1

Okay, I have been too busy creating and not enough blogging!! So I now have 6 that I can blog, and others that I cant just yet!
Hubby got himself 4 more cans of Lager tonight, so I now have 2 empty and cut open cans to play with later...., but in the meantime, in true Blue peter fashion....
Here's one I prepared earlier:

Okay this one looks unfinished, and to a certain extent it is, but I have had lots of bad experience in the past of people liking the card, but its for the wrong person, eg mum, when they want it for a best friend, so Now I have got into the habit, of leaving most blank, until they are needed.
This was the other half of the lager Can experiment. I tried embossing it using a mask, but it didnt take too well, so I embossed it with a Papermania embossing Folder, Silent Night, and applied some alcohol inks. Then I took some plain white flowers from my stash and coloured them Ruby red and orange with my promarkers, added a Leaf, and then proceeded to assemble the base.
I took some A4 Pearlised paper in Burgundy, and used the Pronty A4 Plastic mask Flourishes, and Embossed it in My Happy Cut. Added some Gold and Red twisted cord, that I got from a Pound shop on the run up to Christmas, and unraveled the ends to make it like down Flat so I could tape it to the base Burgundy card.
A day later I Managed to finish the card off.........
I got a Leane Creatief Die the other day, and must say I really like it. Its very delicate, and has a main frame with leaves, and various matted layers inside, down to the absolutely TINY! I took some Gold Mirri, and some Burgundy card stock, and cut a frame from each, interlinking the 2 frames, so that they swap positions on the right hand side. I used the first Mat layer created by the frame die, on the Mirri, and then Cut the next layer Mat in Cream pearlised paper. I stamped the greeting in Rocket Red Brilliance ink, and BOY is that a juicy pad!, and then embossed with some red detail powder. I slipped the sentiment Under the twisted cord, and mounted the frame over the cord, Done.

Right need to go sort out the photos for the rest that need to be blogged back soon........

xx

Lou

1 comment:

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card. Love the embossing and those flowers are gorgeous.
Diane xx