If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Monday, February 13, 2012

Oh I am a BAD Blogger!

I've done it AGAIN!!! I do have excises, like the dog ran off with my Homework, My Brother ran over it with his bike, The wind blew it away..........but I got so wrapped up in family matters I didn't up date my blog AGAIN! So now I have 3 to blog!!

So I had better get started...........
This was for the Scrapbook Stamp Society DT, the theme of Once Upon a Time. So I took an image I had previously used, Morgan Fitsimons Arum and Arache, and made a princess Carriage with it. I was inspired by memories of Disney's Robin Hood cartoon film, where they kiss at the end in the back of the Carriage, and as one of the figures is an Elf, and the other a human it just seemed to suit the theme for this month.
I have a Craft Robo, and electronic Cutting machine, and I downloaded the Princess Carriage design, and cut it out on Pearlised White Paper, glued the Arum and Arache design to the back of the aperture, and backed it onto a Mat of Pearlised Cream Paper. I then mounted it onto a base of Gold textured Mirri Card.
I punched some butterflies and hearts from Red and Gold card, and glued them around the frame. I took the theme of  "Once upon a time", and changed it to " A long Time ago" and added " In a Place not too Far away", so that I could convert it from a wedding card to an anniversary card.
I printed them out in an Olde English Font, and then distressed and curled the edges so that it appears scroll like, a couple of yellow gems for the wheel hubs, and the card front was finished.


I have recently been on the Joanna sheen Forum page, Here, and the values for metallic colours of Print is given in the printing tips section, so I used the values to change the text colour, and flourishes to a Gold, effect, and printed off the insert.

No comments: