If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Friday, March 16, 2012

The most stunning Image...SSS DT card

The Animal Kingdom is the Challenge over at The Scrapbook Stamp Society Blog, this week, and I chose a stunning image by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff.
This is a Stunning Piece of work, and is a LARGE image in itself, as it is so detailed. I printed it out just slightly smaller than A4, so you can now Gauge the size of the card.
Promarkers AGAIN, to the rescue, and I took my time over it, I did it in sections, and it took about 3 days to finish, but worth the time I think.
I didn't want to have an ordinary background to the image, as there is in reality, little chance of this image coming to pass, so I removed the blank areas, and mounted the image onto some Oil effect card.
Next I needed a frame...........so the question was then how to achieve the effect I wanted. So I borrowed an Idea from Wendy at Create and Craft, and created a sort of dropped shelf inside the card.




So now I have something to use as a frame, I just had to decorate it! I got out my Happy Cut, well in all honesty, I didnt get it out as such, I just picked it up from under the table lol, it doesn't weigh much more than a Cuttlebug, (which is always good when you are in danger of dislocating your wrists!) and some Spell Binders flower dies and cut through 8 layers of tissue paper in one pass. I then decided to add leaves, so collected 2 shades of Yellow, and 3 shades of green, and ran those through as well. I layered it all up and added them to the Frame. I used yellow gems for the inside of the flowers, and a gold Gel pen for the inside of the flowers on the main picture.
I used some Ranger Colour coredinations cardstock, and cut a small sliver which I embossed with the Cuttlebug Organic Flourish folder, and sanded it back, and fixed it to the front base of the card.
I LOVE this image its an absolute delight! and I love the card it has created!
Why dont you pop over to the Shop and have a nosey. There is likely to be images that you recognise in there, as these ladies and gents are well established artists who have designed for years, even doing Book artwork, and Galleries. Let me know which are your favourites, xx

7 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great idea lou, this looks fabulous.

greetings karin

Linda Simpson said...

WOW Lou this is just amazing. I love the frame and it was definitely worth taking your time over this magnificent card.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafty Loops said...

Lou this card is amazing. Your colouring is really exceptional. And the image is so wonderful, it certainly deserved to have time and care taken in colouring it. Really stunning card, I love it. Lee x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Lou, I love this image, love your frame with the flowers, so pretty,

Luv CHRISSYxx

lisa said...

very cool and i love the flowers

Andi B said...

Wow Lou, this is just fabulous

A x

Chrissie Roberts said...

This is stunning Lou

I have left you a little gift on my blog - you'll find it here http://ctrublu.blogspot.co.uk/