If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Monday, April 16, 2012

Okay time to Blog

Right I have had technological nightmares, hence the very short post when I managed to get things together enough to put my pc back inside the case!!
I am in the process of recovering my hard drive, so Loads of stuff is missing, and there's 3 cards that NEEEEEEEED to be blogged, and cards I finished whilst I was tearing my hair out with frustration.
This first post is about the Paper Crafting Journey card, that I was supposed to blog, late last Wednesday night, just as my hdd failed....you can guess I was pretty upset about it all, but luckily I managed to post the picture to PCJ before the whole thing went feet in the air, kicking up the daisies.
This was using a digi from Robyn's Fetish and you can find the stamp I used, Here, as I chose the fruity Strawberry digi for this card. In addition, we were also asked to use 3 different papers for this challenge, and as luck would have it I knew I had received a pack of 6x6" Raspberry road designs, papers, entitled Summer goodness, free with one of my craft magazines.

So 3 papers, a digi stamp, some promarkers, and some Spellbinders.........
Hmmn...............some red card, some DST, and some glitter....................okay!
The card was scored and folded to create a short front and large back, as the idea needed a lot of room, and  support. I used the Spellbinders Edgeabilities edge doily die to scallop the leading edge of the card, and then printed of the digi stamp in reduced repeating pattern and trimmed it using the same die.
I used promarkers to colour the digi and backing paper, but only did the backing paper in a rough style, not being too careful with the colouring.
I then cut the digi image using the Labels 23 die, and then distressed the edges of the stamp, and backing paper with Antique Linen, to remove the whiteness of the page. And layered them onto the front of the card.
Then I turned my attention to the inside of the card.............This was reasonably, easy as I already had the idea in my head.................The papers were needed and also a template from My Craft Studio Advanced Encyclopedia volume 4............Strawberries!!
I placed one sheet of the Raspberry Road papers inside the main Panel, folded another to form a Napkin, and then used the template for the small strawberries twice to create them. Used DST and a quickie glue pen to apply yellow glitter, then quickly printed a sentiment onto a very faded background of real strawberries, and hey presto card done, and I Love it!!!
 I used the digi twice in different forms, and 3 papers, and I think this is such a bright light happy card, problem is I am not one for repeating designs, so whoever gets this will be a very lucky person, hold on what am I saying? Strike that!! I aint giving it to NO-ONE!!!

xxx







No comments: