If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Monday, May 07, 2012

SSS card,

Firstly, I had finally get round to posting one of last months cards that never made it to the screen with the hard drive failure! Ooops!
Admittedly, there's a lot in SSS and most of what you see is fairy, or Goth based, BUT there's a lot more to SSS than it first appears, so I would suggest a good rummage through the store,  to see what you can find.
This one is a real Gem. It did take me a while to figure out that the bit running through the middle of the car windscreen was a Keyboard, okay, okay, yes I know you can see it now, but in plain black and white, when you're not expecting it, its a bit confusing!
Anyway I didnt want this in black and white, I wanted sepia, once I had figured out the keyboard bit, so I adjusted the digi image to a sepia tone in MCS, better, now to colour.
Well I am somewhat old fashioned, I admit it, so for me a Keyboard is the Ebony and Ivory of a Piano, (please dont break into song here! Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder have a lot to answer for, and I am finding it hard enough to shift the song from my mind as it is! I wouldn't mind, but I didnt particularly like it at the time!)
The car is done in brown tones of promarkers, keeping on the sepia theme, the clouds are a yellowy colour, if you have looked at clouds in a Sepia photo, they aren't white, the greens are from the yellowy side of the spectrum as well, and the tarmac is a browny grey. So that all came together nicely, in real life the keyboard has been highlighted with some crystal Accents, but its hard to see on a photo.
So I raided the stash for the base, a couple of sheets of small, sepia yellow card, I have no idea who its by, but its a lovely assorted pack, some vellum, pre-embossed from MCS, and some paper that was just lying around, again I have no idea who its by, as this was a use some stash day! You know, the bits that are years old, have been there seemingly forever, and as to where they came from, or what you bought them for, well that's buried in the mists of time, sort of stash!
A bit of Tan Satin ribbon, and a stamp, Flittered with a greeting, some gems, and the jobs a good 'un!
So the digi is By Morgan Fitzsimons, Car 1 and I think its perfect for any man, old or young, just change the colours!
hope you like it, I do its different!

Hugs,

Lou

Well thats a bit different! I am entering this in the http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.co.uk/ Challenge 67, for the boys, first time I have been told to link, BEFORE I have posted my link!!!
http://ooh-la-la-creationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Challenge 104

5 comments:

Doreen said...

amazing card and the image is perfect
Many thanks for joining as at Crafty Cardmakers this week
Hugs
Doreen

Andi B said...

Great card Lou, love the colours in this one

Andrea x

J said...

Lovely masculine card - so hard to achieve! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love this image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Daniele said...

colouring looks great on this fab male card so glad you joined us at OLL this week
hugs