If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesdays Challenge...........

Well this week its a bit more demanding at LEJ Designs, so I do hope you have your thinking caps on for this one.............
First to the Housekeeping..............


This week there will be three prizes,

The first randomly  drawn name will win 3 digi's from LEJ Designs http://www.lejdesigns.co.uk/

The second name drawn out will win 2 digi's of their choice from Christine's Digi Adventure http://goonergirl-craftingheaven.blogspot.co.uk/

And the third name randomly drawn out will win a small selection of Lindsays handmade stick pins, nom nom!!!
So the challenge...........................
Anything But a card!!!! Got it? Okay then I will begin................
Well this for me is a continuation of Gimlets tale, the Seer Watching over Gimlet while he stole some thing from the Fairies, what he stole we are still waiting to find out, .....................

Right I am now getting to the point where I am going to  give up photographing projects with Acetate!! So apologies in advance, but it didnt matter what I did!!!

There is a small pearlised ball behind the glow on the acetate which actually made the problem worse!!
The Seer is peering over her shoulder at us as we look in on her. She is a wall decoration, of layered paper acetate and card, topped with an acetate dome. 
So base image is from the shop, mounted onto some pearlised Cream Card. next is a layer of cream pearlised card, with a circular aperture cut into it. Then we have some acetate over some Snow from MCS. Oil on Water card, which I attacked with some Ranger Alcohol inks, to really raise the Oil on Water effect on the card, and finally a circular dome. This was fixed by using some green Holographic selotape, trimmed, and fringed so that it would curl around the edge of the circular decoration seamlessly.
Here's a close up version, having fiddled with it in Corel, and played with all sorts of settings, sorry for the watermark, I didnt realise it had ended up there! And now I cant remove it!!!
hope you like her, so what will you create for the Challenge?

Have fun, 

Lou

5 comments:

rachel said...

brilliant project Lou - definitely needed to think harder about this one! I would never have been as inventive as this! Good on ya! Hugs Rachel xx

Linda Simpson said...

WOWSER Mrs this is fabulous!!! You are just so inventive and I love this.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so fabulous, I love what you have done with the image and the way you write your posts is just fabulous. I haven't forgotten your request regarding the drawings, just constantly running behind at the moment lol
Lindsay xx

Carol said...

Fab project Lou. I have a baby mode on my camera which turns off the flash and takes perfect photos indoors (usually!). Carol x

Marie said...

This is amazing - how clever you are. Love all that shiny sparkle and a bit of mystery x