If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Saturday, June 30, 2012

MCS Sneak Peeks, and a Christmas card

Well, yet another card from MCS's new release on Tuesday, on QVC, and yet another of the cards I made whilst Banned from the pc and Craft room!
The kit gives you matching shaped cards and toppers, but I do like to change things around a bit, so this card isn't meant to go together if you know what I mean?
Luckily the colours work across the range and mixing an Matching isnt too much of an issue as they are tonal. so its not an issue. So the Label topper with a different shaped Label card base. I took the base, and added some gold edged ribbon, coloured with a Caramel promarker. Placed the topper at a jaunty angle over the Top and added some gems, simple quick effective. Just needs a suitable insert and its ready to go. The shapes used on these toppers and card bases are actually on the My Craft Studio Nesting Shapes CD, and if you have a Cameo, or other programmable electronic cutting machine, then you can also use the trace feature, and cut your own card bases with out needing a die-cutting machine such as the GC, Cuttlebug, or Happy Cut.

This is one of my Grab what you can cards! And is made with last years Hunky Dory set, that was in a tub I grabbed while being bodily forced out of here. A strip of Pre-embossed Snowflake cream card, and a 3 part topper, mounted onto a Purple card base. The Topper is actually DL sized, but with the matting and Layering, its a bit wider that ordinary DL, but not wide enough to be a Tall DL. So A custom Envelope will have to be made. Its simply highlighted with some Red, and Gold Cosmic Shimmer PVC Mica glue, on the flower centers and berries. I do like purple at Christmas, as this is the Traditional colour, that we used to have, Purple being the colour of Royalty. Father Christmas, St Nick, Santa all used to be dressed in Purple, until the Coca-Cola adverts!
Shows what an impact advertising has on our lives doesn't it?
anyway, enough of a rant from me, hope you like them, and dont forget to watch the TSV on Tuesday on QVC, and see what other goodies Steph has to offer us!

hugs, and I'll be back later with yet more, lol

Lou

No comments: