If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Friday, June 29, 2012

MCS, sorry lost count!

right I have so many to show that I really neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to get on with posting them, and the bigger problem, remembering which ones I have blogged and which ones I havent, DOH!
This one is sooo Cute, and although the card base designs are the same across the set I hope I will show over then ext few posts that I havent duplicated any, fingers crossed, lol.
Right this is the window aperture card from the Nature set, which you can get on QVC on Tuesday 3rd July.
I trimmed the card topper to fit, just inside the window frame, and stuck it in place with some tape, then I took the Foiled frame I had removed and placed it on the outside of the window frame! This means extra emphasis is placed on the window aperture, and draws the eye into the card. The sentiment is curved to bow out from the card, and some beautiful gold edged ribbon was coloured carefully with a Forest Green promarker, turning it from white to match the card. I made a bow from the remains, and then finished it with 3 promarkered Gems to match. The tape is hidden with an insert on the inside of the card, and I really like it. Hope you do?
This is another of the cards made while Banned, and a little bit different. this is a lovely Stamp set, which you can get from QVC and MCS, and is a set with Baubles and a wide border stamp. I stamped the Border onto a strip of double sided sticky stuff, and placed the acetate over one side, then I turned it over and did a Barbara Grey, using a craft knife to remove areas of the backing following the design so I could use different coloured glitters on the back, Bronze, Silver and Green in this case.
I then used the spell binders Holly Accent die and cut 2 borders without removing the die. I used the die as a guide to colour the Holly Leaves with my Holly Promarker. I then laid the strips down, and carefully inserted the strip into the curves so that it weaves under and over the die cuts.
I mounted it onto some Matted Dark green card, on a white card base, and added some red gems, job done, something a little bit different for someone this Christmas.
Right off to bed for me, lol

catch you all later, xxx

Lou

1 comment:

cheryl said...

oh these are 2 brilliant cards especially love the first one,that is one super design,so effective,and love the layout,hugs Cherylxxxxx