If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Thursday, August 09, 2012

2 different stamps, 2 different views.

Evenin'.
Well as the title says this is using 2 Stamps by Susannah Style, which I picked up at Doncaster, and hadnt got round to playing with, well until Linda came round to play that is!
So having mounted one of the stamps so she could use, it, I just had to mount up the other, and of course, as they were both mounted up it would have been churlish of me not to give them a quick try!
At the moment I am enjoying my Mica play, so I stamped them both up, twice, with Flitter Glue, from Indigo Blu, on Landscape A6 card bases. Then one set I Flittered, and one set I mica'd both giving different results.


This one, was using Mica to dust the glue, for the design, then using the mica again to create a background of a late winter sun, just breaking though the misty cloud. I added some glitter under the feet for the crisp snow.
 Again the same stamp, but this time Flittered with Lancashire Rose. I then masked it off, and used the small trees and deer from the Katy Sue Designs Winter Wonderland Silhouette stamps to create a background, stamping with Pumice Distress ink, and again some glitter to create the snow lines.













This one is the Bauble stamp, again Flittered with Lancashire Rose, and the smaller bauble stamp was stamped with Versamark, and clear embossed.
I then coloured the background with Pine Needles Distress ink.


A much gentler version this one. Mica, and I also used mica to create the glow around the bauble. I used small amounts of clear glitter to some of the snowflakes that make up the Bauble. A small piece of gold peel off for the "string", and a small bow to complete the card.

Challenges for these cards:
My Mum's Craft Shop, Christmas Challenge  #69,
Just keep on Creating Christmas Challenge
The Paper Shelter Round #76
Tanda Teaser 200 CAS

Hope you like them, I have to go do some emails and such, and create some more cards for your delectation, will be back soon, xxx

Lou

10 comments:

Karla said...

Totally gorgeous!!!

rachel said...

all are fab but I'm loving the middle two most of all! Hugs xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful cards Lou.

greetings karin

Zoechaos said...

Lovely collection of cards, so satisfying when you have new stamps and get such fab results. Thank you for taking up the Tanda Teaser XOXO Zoe

Linda Simpson said...

LOL I need to get mine put onto cards!!! The glue eraser got the excess off too just a tip for you:)

As always hun these are stunning.

Big Hugs
Linda xxxx

ps have a fabulous weekend. xxxx

Cards By MI said...

Very lovely! Good to be ahead with your Christmas cards. Love them. Thanks for playing in our round challenge here at the Paper Shelter. Good Luck!
Love n hugs
Marie

Pia S said...

It's amazing how small alterations may lead to such different designs! I love the reindeer you've used - it has such a peaceful look!

suzARTe said...

such a simple and beautiful Christmas card. I just love the overall design.

Thanks so much for sharing your card at Christmas is just around the corner at Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

Tracey said...

Fabulous cards, it amazing what different effects you can get with the same images :)
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

sue law said...

Great Cas cards! I can imagine that they are even better in real life....not easy to photograph the guilding flakes to get their true beauty!

Thanks for joining I with the Tanda Teaser!
Suex