If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Something a little bit different!

Well, when putting my wonderful E-craft through its paces for my mate Linda, the other day, I used some doe-flex to illustrate a point!
Basically I wanted to cut a design on the E-craft in Doe-flex, something I have done before, and was seriously impressed with.
My view with the types of digi cut out files, is this: If I bought a Toaster, then I would expect it to toast all sorts of bread, not just Warburtons. So I took another design I had bought from Silhouette Studio, and adjusted it for the e-craft to cut out, primarily because the CR 330-20 WONT cut Doe-flex!
So I cut the design, and then did this with it:

Rather stunning eh?
I used the doe-flex mask as a stencil, and used used a Versamark ink pad to "glue" in the gaps, on some black paper.
Next up were my Mica Powders, and a small soft brush, and I daubed some mica in places, trying to create a sunset behind the boy and his dog.
I edged the design with a Letraset Fine line peel off, and then used the Ecraft again to cut out a 7" diameter circle, to frame the design.
I created an 8x8" card base in Black Card, and then mounted the focal point and frame on sticky pads for dimension. All that remained was to add some flourishes which were in my Stash from about 3 yrs ago, and some gems, and job done!
I do hope you like it, I really like the effect it has created, and Boy does it catch the light!

Here's the list of Challenges I have entered with this card:
Creative Inspirations: challenge 175 Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges:  133 Use Pearls or rhinestones
hugs

Lou

4 comments:

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow....your card is beautiful.
Diane xx

Pat K said...

WOW, this is stunning and very creative.

Thanks so much for joining us at Fab N Funky this week. Pat K.x

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Lou! I love the image you created on the Ecraft and the mica powders really show up the little boy and his dog.

Hugs
Linda xxx

ps good luck in the challenges xxx

Emma H said...

Just beautiful - and it sure does catch the light! Must be even better in person! Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky this week!