If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Paper Crafting Journey Challenge

Hi guys, well this months theme is Mythical! Anything not proven real at this time! so Cyclops, Medusa, fairies Mermaids, Dragons, but Not Kimono Dragons, are all fair game for this challenge.
So here's my creation, now you have to excuse the picture as Acetate really doesnt photo very well at all!


This is the best one I got, kneeling on the front step, door open, no flash, card propped up on a stool, son stood behind it, holding the paper, cor was it hard work, note to self, use acetate less!!

Our sponsor this month is Digi Stamps 4 Joy, and the prize is 5 Digi Images of your choice, so get creating!!

I used the beautiful Mermaid Digi, and I have tried this technique before. I used promarkers and a Silver pen for the image, and my ecraft to cut out the frame, and the dolphin border. Layered onto some navy card stock.
I took an acetate dome, and put some water and blue mica powder in it, and glued a flat sheet of Acetate over the back with silicon Glue, TOP TIP: cut the backing circle before gluing, other wise, if you do it when it has dried you risk breaking the seal, and ruining your work!

I then placed the globe in the frame, and stuck the image to the back of the frame, pale blue gems to decorate, and loads of glitter for the glint of sunlight on the water.

Hope you like it and will Join in over at Paper Crafting Journey, Good Luck

Hugs Lou

PS: late addition, this was scheduled, but didnt post, apologies everyone, xx

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Elegant beautiful card:) Just gorgeous image:)
Big hug,
Sonia