If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lacy Sunshine

Hi guys,

well I know I've been quiet, but I have loads of bits in the process so to speak, and here's one thats just finished drying. I deliberately left it long enough, as I have a nasty habit of sticking my finger in Glaze that isnt quite dry and leaving my finger print all over things..............

This is one of the Lovely Heather Valentin range of Digi's, Meet Eleanor. She is supposed to have Pickles with her, but the pen blobbed on him so I had to cut him off, and now the title of this digi doesnt make sense: A Wish come True.
So for Inspiration you need to go Here and to get Eleanor you need to go here.


So to my version of Eleanor: My Eleanor is a dark haired girl, with a Peaches and Cream complexion, and thats always my starting point. But this is a very Fairy Tale image, even without Pickles, so little girl Pink was the chosen colour. Spectrum Noir PL1 BP2 and BP 6. Her Hair is GB 8 GB 10 and EB 5.
Okay so then I had to remove Pickles, and a tip with your Speccies if your finding that they blob: stand the on their chisel tip for a couple of days to allow the ink to drain to the chisel tip end. Normally you wouldnt do that with an alcohol pen, but as these are a bit generously filled you just need to shift the ink out the way a bit, and thats direct from Crafters Companion, coz I was getting frustrated with Poor Pickles!
Right so Back to Eleanor then..... Hmmn without Pickles what do I do, aha!
Birthday.......................... Cake! so rummage through my papers, you know the stack of papers you have lying around, that came either as freebies or you printed off too many? So in there was this Cake Paper! and the colour matched!
But I just knew that I wouldnt have any base card in just that shade! But I did have some white card and the Speccies! so white became Pink, and was matted and layered, add some glaze to her Glasses lens, and some glitter to her dress, print off a sentiment, and then die cut it, and jobs a gud 'un as they say.
so dont forget to grab Eleanor for yourself, from here and remember that Lacy Sunshine ONLY is the ONLY authorised seller of Heather Valentin Digi's, xxx

9 comments:

Doreen said...

A wonderful card, beautiful colouring and a lovely colour combo.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Good Morning missus, nice to see you back in blogland. Fabulous card as always my friend. Will catch up for a gossip later this afternoon.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Andree said...

A gorgeous card, it's a shame about poor Pickles, but you've coloured Eleanor beautifully x

Unknown said...

ooooooo Pink!!! My fave!!!!

Jill x

Alyx said...

Lovely card Lou.
xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card . I love the colours you have used on the image she looks wonderful xx

Unknown said...

Love her Lou! great job! Thanks for creating with my digi:)
Heather

Lynn Whitehouse said...

Beautiful Card :-) xxx

Andi B said...

Great card Lou, Eleanor looks fab

Andrea x