If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Monday, April 15, 2013

another new one

I know I know, I am a bad blogger, but I have all sorts of things going on, all craft related, and the blog is a bit neglected, apart from the posts just before the CD is released, one day I'll get back on top of it.
Firstly though a question, does anyone know of a KNK demonstrator in the UK  I really want to see the new zing in operation................well a girl can never have too many machines now can she?

but onto the reason for the post:

Wednesday at 12 and 3 pm sees the launch of the new fill a hole in the market CD  A man about Town. by the boys at Kraftyhands.
This CD is intended purely for mens cards, now how often do we say that? Having said that I think you will agree that the Hat-box wasn't necessarily masculine! And I have been to Krafty Towers today and seen the samples my other teamies have created, wowsers! We all start with the same thing the CD, but what we produce are totally different items from the same disk, its awe inspiring how we all go down different routes with it! Other than the images and papers each of us has gone down a different route, and one of Sylvie's is a STUNNER, LOVE the ribbon threader one Sylvie!
So to today's offering:


An acetate fronted card.

The image is from one of the Top Toppers sheets printed on canvas paper. The acetate is 220 mn embossed with one of the A4 E-bosser/Darice folders that came with my E-bosser, Now I must say here, that I do have my Happy, and a Bug, and the E-bosser, (yes okay I like machinery!) and acetate can be a bit tricky sometimes to get a really good even emboss over the whole page, you know, some times there are parts that don't emboss as deeply as others? But I must admit that I haven't come across this issue with the E-bosser. It embossed the full sheet perfectly!

So back to the card, really simple, a 5.5 x5.5 base card, the background is from the Bonus Distressed papers, and that's it! 
Simple , effective, not too fancy, I mean not all blokes like their cards full of ribbon and flowers, and It looks lovely! 
Oh and Ian promises to start doing some inserts on the next CD, (had a peek today and its stunning!)!

right off to relax, do something for me, or (sorry for swearing) tidy the craft room, as it really IS a MESS!

And I knew Ian wouldn't be able to resist, but I do hope he has left some macaroons for the guys at C&C!
Oh one final thing, especially as more and more are now buying KH stuff: You know we have a challenge blog? make a card to the theme, and enter before the first friday of the month, if you use KH stuff then you stand to win a voucher from the boys, to buy physical goodies with! None of this digital rewards, proper gear you can hold and stroke! enter over here!

right think I'll tidy up before I do anything else,

lol, have fun

Lou  xx

1 comment:

Andree said...

A super card, the acetate front is a brilliant idea x