If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I need a good online lawyer

I havent got time to go filling all the paperwork in, so quick easy and cheap please!
I need to divorce hubby as soon as possible, and marry Zing.
Seriously, in the time it took me to go down stairs, fill the kettle with enough water for one cup of coffee, and put it on to boil, Zing had already finished the job I set him!
No " oh yes, in a minute",
No "what was it you wanted me to do?"
 No "oh I was doing it but........"
He just got on with the job at hand, and completed his task, blooming quicker than I would have expected!
So as Zing can do it, I see no reason why hubby cant! So now I need to get rid of hubby, and marry Zing!

Only kidding, as Zing cant make me cups of coffee on demand, but one day those genius's at Accugraphics will manage it I'm sure, then watch out hubby!!!

I'm no stranger to cutting machines, but having had a CR, a Cameo, and an E-craft, all of which cost a similar amount here in the UK, here's my opinion:

Noise: much quieter than any of the others, with Cameo I can stand in the kitchen and hear it, with E-craft I stand in the hall downstairs. With Zing I was half way downstairs, with the door open, before I lost sound.

Speed: Cameo is slightly faster than E-craft, and much faster than the old CR. But Zing is an F1 race car compared to those 3!

Size and appearance:  E-craft is designed sleek and stylish, though bulky with the tray on the back, Cameo, again styled, but slim. Zing is styled, but in a more robust sense of the word. Looking at it you know its well built, solid, and functional, not flimsy and decorative.

Consumables: Right, E-craft blades are dirt cheap and you MUST remember to clean out the grey cap every time! Cameo, expensive and without the new cap on the blade, impossible to keep free of bits of paper and card. Zing blades are HEAVY! There is a noticeable weight in the palm of your hand from just one blade! Zing also has finer tuning on the blade depth than the Cameo, the E-craft doesn't have fine tuning as such. Zing blades are just under £7 for one blade, cheaper than Cameo, more expensive than E-craft.
Mats: Now I'm used to cutting mats, I don't LIKE cutting mats, but I am used to them. E-craft we will have to ignore, as it doesn't have one, officially, and one of the big selling points is that it doesn't need one. Cameo, flimsy, bends easily, thick layer of glue on it, which tears the paper on the first few uses, unless you de-sticky the mat with a towel first. Zing a substantial mat, built to last, quite stiff, more like a vegetable cutting mat. Good stickiness to the glue, but not aggressive in the refusing to let go of the paper so it tears on you! And not a thick layer either, so the blade isn't digging through the glue while cutting the paper. You get 2 mats for the same price as 1 Cameo mat, and the 14x 24 inch mat costs under £12.
Extra consumables with the Zing: okay so there's different types of blade for different purposes, which actually makes more sense. You wouldn't cut through chipboard, or greyboard with your finest tipped knife would you? You'd break the blade. And the same goes for Zing. They have 3 blades, a paper blade, a thick materials blade, and a fabric blade. Okay so that's easy enough to sort out, 'ish in the cameo, get the blades, and keep them separated out for different purposes. Zing goes a little bit further. Zing has colour coded blade holders, so you know which blade is which! They are also hefty holders. Believe me if you dropped one without realising you'd hear it! Always a bonus, as I have recently dropped one of my old CR blade covers, and I cant find it! Though the holders are expensive.
Springs. Each blade needs a spring, so that it has some give, and they are tiny springs, and could easily be lost, another reason for the blade holder.
And then there's some extras: A double ended embossing tool, one end for scoring, one end for embossing. A punching tool, punches holes for you. An Engraving tool, erm engraves thin metals and vellum. And a special tool for holding things like Quickie glue pens, which would just slip in the tool holder otherwise.

Ease of use: Each machine is different. Cameo has its strengths and weakness', as does E-craft and CR and I'll probably write further opinions on Zing, as I get to know him. But if you want a machine to electronically cut for you then you do need to be aware that each and every machine has a learning curve that goes with it. E-craft now say that their machine isn't a plug-and-play type of machine. The software with it is very limited, you cant design on your own in the program. Cameo has the Silhouette program, good for designing things yourself, though limited if you want to use different file types, unless you pay for the designer edition. Zing comes with MTC, which I rave about. So I'm not going to bore you here.
So differences between the 3 machines.: E-craft you adjust the pressure dial on the machine, and adjust the tabs which hold the pieces in place until you are ready to pop them out. Front and back loading, you are supposed to be able to stack card in the tray and it will cut as many sheets as you tell it to. Good for batch making. Maximum cutting WIDTH @ 10 1/2 inches, on a 12x12. This machine does not do print and cut. but has a roll feed on the tray.
Cameo, front loaded, adjust the blade depth by inserting the blade holder end into a built in socket, and adjust the pressure either on screen or on the machine itself. You can also adjust the speed at which the Cameo cuts.Maximum cutting WIDTH 12 inches, IF your mat is in the perfect position. Cameo does print and cut. Also with the larger mat 12x24 inch.
Zing, okay you can adjust blade depth, blade holder height, pressure, speed it cuts at and separately speed it moves from one position to another to begin cutting again somewhere else. There's a lot more tweaking to do to set the machine up for the perfect cut. I haven't tried this yet, but..............I can talk to the machine through my pc as well, its called Zing Speak. Maximum cut WIDTH 12 inches, as you set the blade to the corner of your 12x12 paper. As in exactly on the corner! Zing does Print and Cut. However there is a 14x 24 inch mat for this machine. So Maximum cut WIDTH is 14 inches, though it can THEORETICALLY do 15 inches without a mat.

To say that these machines are all within the same price range, unless on special offer, there's a lot of difference from one to the other.
I read the manual and watched ALL the online videos for setting this up over the weekend, between curtain twitching for the delivery man. Though I was actually in bed when the delivery van arrived, asleep, the noise of his doors opening and closing got me out of bed quick enough! I read the manual AGAIN as I was setting it up, going through step by step. (Actually the manual is very well written, its an online one, as its constantly being updated, and has links to all the videos you will ever need for setting this up perfectly!) I made the tweaks I needed to for my paper, yes I had 2 mistakes, where I hadn't increased the pressure enough for my paperweight. That's where test cuts come in handy! But I made a successful cut once I had the pressure right.
 Its all about learning..............that's why we craft, we try new techniques and products, we learn. So learning to use a Zing is something worth spending time on.

Now do I go order my extras now, or do I play some more? Hmmn, hubbys gone for a lie down, think I'll play and see if the noise wakes him.............I doubt it will wake him though, its that quiet!

by the way.............Well done for getting this far!

Lol,

hugs

Lou

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Thought I would come on here to make sure your machine turned up glad to see your enjoying your new machine and i have not had one email from you :)

l00pyscraftcreations said...

lol, I can email if you want Sharon, lol, but it will only be in praise currently, lol.
Thanks for all your help, xx