If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Playtime 1

Right well I got seriously fed up this weekend! A couple of weeks ago, I got a virus on the PC, ggrrr, so had to install a fresh copy of my operating system, which mean I lost ALL my programs everything!
So got it sorted eventually, then on Sunday it started playing silly devils AGAIN!
 Instant thought, "Not ANOTHER virus!" Bearing in mind that this was just a week old, and I am normally very quick to deal with any threats, I couldn't understand where it had come from or anything, as I hadn't really done anything to get another virus!
So try a restore.......................................................................................... all day, all night, get up the next morning, and finally have an error code on the PC, restore failed, as it couldn't make a shadow copy.
Now I had waited 24hrs without a PC, to get that message so boy was I cross!
Install the operating system again!
Then start to plug in the drives, and sticks that give me all my extra's.
Plugged in one USB stick, and hey presto............................you guessed it, machine starts playing silly devils again! I wouldn't have minded but I had even scanned the drive as soon as it went in with my anti-virus!
Removed the stick, and hey presto the machine plays nice. Put it back in, try to format it, and hey presto machine plays silly devils again! Take it out, and nice as pie!
Basically the stick had failed, and it was my Readyboost stick, which improves my PC's performance, so was interfering with all sorts of things!
So I had WIPED my pc for no blooming reason!!!!!!!! Twice! as I could have dealt with the virus very quickly, and safely the first time! I was also having the same issue the first time, and though I had what turns out was a minor virus, which I am  more than capable of dealing with, I thought it was a major one, so wiped the PC FOR NOTHING!
So you can imagine, I have been rather frustrated recently!
But having said that I was creative. Well it was either create or watch hubbys re-runs with him! Boring, so create it was!
Here's a couple of cards I cut on the Zingster:
I do like cut file cards, as you can always get 2 cards from them if you are careful!
Right one program I haven't re-installed yet is Corel, as it takes forever, so I am playing with Gimp for my photo editing, so bear with me while I get the settings right...................................................
Basically this is a cut file from Silhouette Studio online store. I have a subscription to it, and last couple of weeks managed to really stock up on designs during their 1/2 price week.
So one sheet of Gold A4 Mirri, and one sheet of Centura Pearl, to create 2 small but very pretty and weighty Christmas cards, just by alternating the layers.
 And thats my offering for today, hugs guys and girls,

xxx

Lou

1 comment:

Linda Simpson said...

I bet the air was blue!!! Great looking cards hun. Will have to make a date to come and play.

Hugs
Linda xxx