If you like my blog please Follow, and I'll hop along and return the favour

Monday, September 16, 2013

another sneaky peaky

Well just a couple of weeks to go, the boys have sent out an email allowing pre-order, and I will say here and now that this CD is TRUE to Art Nouveau, so if you know anyone who is an Art Nouveau fan then this cd is a must have!
To illustrate the point, I am hoping this card wont make it to the screen.
Yes you read it right, I dont want this shown on tv.
Why?
Because it is true Art Nouveau!
Anyone who knows Art Nouveau or grew up around Art Nouveau will be aware that Art Nouveau was a very sensual portrayal of women. Yes there were lots of images around at the time, but Art Nouveau touched on the naughtier side of nature. I suspect in a reflex reaction to the strict morals of the Victorian era. They werent in your face explicit, but they were a lot naughtier than the Victorians.
So to the card.
True Nouveau appreciators will know what to look for......................
This is one of the card sets, one of the rectangular pyramids, with a backing sheet and envelope strip. Yes I did say envelope strip. A strip intended to decorate your envelope.
So obviously the pyramid topper, a mat which I punched the edge of with an Xcut looped edge punch, in duo cardstock.
The intended Mat, again punched and then threaded with some dusky Rose organza ribbon, which was tied in a bow and distressed with a heat gun.
The strip for the envelope I placed sideways on, punched some flowers from a tonic punch with the remains of the duo cardstock, and added rose brads to the centres.
Some of Pinflairs Magical colour changing Cream Pearl drops, for the tiny flowers on the strip. Then emboss the front of an 8x8 scalloped card base, Embossilicious Falling Leaves, and then brushed some TH Bundled Sage to lift the embossing.
I would have done more, but as there is a chance this will get shown on Tv, I am not willing to draw attention to certain areas of the image, so I have left well alone.
Suffice to say that this CD is a must have. If I was asking someone to make me a card for my Dad, then I would expect an image like this if I said Art Nouveau as a favourite era. My Dad loves Art Nouveau.
So if there is a chance someone will ever ask you for a card from the Art Nouveau era, then you need this CD.
You can pre-order yours here, and dont forget to catch the shows on Create and Craft on the 1st October.
So while I have your attention, have you entered the Kraftyhands Challenge for this month? Its a sketch Challenge, and you stand to win £20 of crafty goodies.

1 comment:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Lou, love the papers and the flowers. The ribbon looks gorgeous.

Hugs
Linda xxx